Forum Home Page
Back - Subjects

Back - News Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
Ditto
Posted 8/1/2010 11:30:26 AM , CGE This Weekend
Score: 0 

CGE is this weekend in Vegas at the Tropicana.  We're about to go check it out.  On the off chance that any of you are there, and read this in time, shoot me an email at DittoToo AT gmail dot com.

I'll come back with pics...

---------------------------------------------

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 8/3/2010 12:44:34 AM ,
Score 0 

One of the guys from work went - how did you like the show?  You play Halo 2600?

Ditto
Posted 8/3/2010 7:01:44 PM ,

Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dittotoo/ClassicGamingExpo   The museum was pretty cool.  I thought the exhibit itself focused a bit too much on the usual suspects.  There was a larger Jaguar presence then I've seen at other expo's (non-CGE) that I found impressive.    I guess they only expo what people are willing to bring though.  If I'm still in Vegas next year I might get my own table just for the hell of it.

Ditto
Posted: 8/3/2010 7:03:30 PM ,
Score 0 

Halo 2600 is in pic 43.  I played it for 5 minutes.  It was impressive in it's own right.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 8/7/2010 12:18:10 PM ,

Great pictures!  My work friend is a HUGE Jaguar fan (I didn't know they existed either), and he ran across a booth that was selling boxed Jag CDs!  LOL

I would love to go to a CGE I hear they're a great time.

Darryl B.
Posted: 8/8/2010 9:48:44 PM ,
Score 0 

What was that Tempest for in that one pic, the 7800?

And any word about that Vectrex prototype?  Any plans for a production or anything?  (Probably not; I'm just being hopeful though...)

Thanks for giving us a look! 

"He spends five hours a day playing violent video games; what's the point if they don't have any affect on him?" - Hank, King of the Hill

Ditto
Posted 8/9/2010 11:00:23 AM ,

That Tempest was a 5200 version.  Very well done but spoiled by the 5200 controller, imo.

The Vectrex proto pictured was the original proof of concept, not an attempt to recreate..

Anonymous
Posted: 10/3/2013 8:15:00 AM , , it is impossible t
Score 0 

, it is impossible to work out every bug when ttneisg in-house. At max a hundred people cannot hope to find everything wrong with a game when it is tested in-house, and things will be found out when it goes live , but The mentality to release it now, we will patch it later is not anything new, in fact I find the article should go under the Well Duh headline. But perhaps with the newer generation of players (kids) getting into games now they might start to see this as well.I will also say that this will start to show up more and more on consoles. As all consoles will be online (PS3, Revolution), and are now (Xbox 360) that same mentality will become more prevelant. Call of Duty 2 is a prime example.Now I don't see it getting worse, it may in the short view (couple of years perhaps), but as more and more people start to realize that the thing they thought was a feature is a bug, they will spread the word about the game, the company, and it will start to effect the bottom line, and the companies will pay attention. It happened with Starforce and Ubisoft, it just needs a voice. Perhaps this article is the start of that.
Anonymous Users get no respect - Join Stage Select Today!

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: