Forum Home Page
Back - Subjects

Back - News Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 11/5/2009 4:49:42 PM , The rules have changed (for the better!)
Score: 0 

So, Daryl B pointed something out to Dezoris that really hit us as "WOW we can do things better now!"

One thing that has always been a problem with the site, is my Shared Web Host kept tellinge me that we'll run out of room if we're posting too many pictures, or podcasts, or videos.  So, I wanted to kind of chill people out with posting pictures, by limiting it to one or two shots per game.

Well, to heck with that!  We now have oodles of storage space.  Since we moved to a dedicated server, and Dezoris and I are now in charge of our own destinies, we can drop these artificial limits.

We have a TON more bandwidth, a TON more hard drive space, and I'd like to announce to everyone -

Please!!  Feel free to contribute as much as you'd like to any game or system! 

We'll definitely update any text that may indicate that we'd like to limit what you do.

Stage Select now has a home, rather than a crowded apartment building.  How about THEM apples?!?

---------------------------------------------

Darryl B.
Posted: 11/6/2009 5:29:37 PM ,
Score 0 

That's cool, two pics can be kind of limiting anyway.

Dezoris, I'll get back to your pm later.

I didn't really have a problem with this situation, btw, except for that one douche who was posting not only additional pics (most of which had ALREADY been done as it was), but he was taking them from some other site as well, far as I could tell.  But he doesn't seem to be around any more. 

"He spends five hours a day playing violent video games; what's the point if they don't have any affect on him?" - Hank, King of the Hill

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 11/7/2009 8:47:30 AM ,

We're still wanting original stuff, not stuff taken from other sites - if you ever notice this, please PM me right away. 

We are, of course, OK with a few press shots too - that's what I end up getting most of the time.  Traffic here is good enough that I get emailed screen shots, and since the database is so wide/big, I want to at least have SOMETHING for each game - or at least as many games as I can.

Darryl B.
Posted: 11/7/2009 10:44:24 AM ,
Score 0 

Nothing wrong with press shots, they're for all to post that the gaming companies allow, to the best of my knowledge.

BTW, just realized the benefit of not having to resize pics and all to make them 50K or less, ha ha. :) 

"He spends five hours a day playing violent video games; what's the point if they don't have any affect on him?" - Hank, King of the Hill

Dezoris
(Administrator)

Posted 11/10/2009 8:05:38 PM ,

Yes, this is definitely good news! We've already got a great factual database, but we want to focus alot on multimedia as well. Screenshots are a great start and we're also hard at work on a branded Stage Select Video Player that we hope to use with our own internal movie files.

Thanks to everyone for keeping up contributions!

[LX7][Dezoris]

Darryl B.
Posted: 11/11/2009 11:44:08 PM ,
Score 0 

Lets see, what's going on with the picture formatting now?  'Cuz it blew up my last three pics to the point where they look blurry and crappy now.  At first I had thought I hadn't resized them but I hadn't indeed when I checked.

Let me know if I need to post  what the pics REALLY look like or something, because I have more to add, but I'm not going to bother if they end up looking like the last several ones I sent in.

Darryl B.
Posted 11/18/2009 10:07:26 PM ,

I'm giving this a bump, since it's been a week, plus I got the Star Wars Jakks unit and can put up pics of that too, but I'm not going to until this is checked on. 

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 11/18/2009 10:22:43 PM ,
Score 0 

Yeah, we needed pictures sized appropriately for a story last week.  We'll undo that change.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 11/23/2009 9:41:30 AM ,

I fixed this "a little better" - if the image would have "bled" out of the layout, I size it.  If it's fine, I don't size it.  

In other words, this is all set, looks good, and will look good for any image regardless of size.  Have a look, tell me what you think.

Darryl B.
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:46:33 PM ,
Score 0 

Thanks, the pics are back to normal size now! 

Updated some stuff, sent some in, and I'll have one last one too!

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: