Forum Home Page
Back - Subjects

Back - Entertainment

Comments
Sort By:  
Darryl B.
Posted 10/26/2009 8:51:20 PM , How many versions of ____ do you have?
Score: 0 

I've posted this on a few gaming forums before, but can't find it here...can't remember if I ever posted it or not...

This is in regards to how many either ports or similiar-themed games you have.

I've got many of the bottom of the screen shooters, i. e. Space Invaders-type games...lets see what all I have:

Vectrex

More Invaders! (on the All Good Things cartridge)
Vector Vaders Remix, Birds of Prey (on Vecmania)
Y. A. S. I.
Vector Vaders

Atari 2600

Space Invaders
Communist Mutants from Space
Planet Patrol (ok, so that's a bit of a stretch, since it's a scrolling shooter, but I consider it to be a "Space Invaders turned sideways" though)
Galaxian
Megamania

Atari 7800

Galaga

Plug it In and Play unit (Retro Arcade Featuring Pac-Man)  

Galaxian
Galaga

For the stuff I *want*, I've yet to get Vectrexians for the Vectrex.  I also need Phoenix and Threshold (think it's one of those kinds of shooters) for the 2600. For the Genesis, I wouldn't mind having Space Invaders '91, although it's limited, having only 17 levels and no two player option.  Still fun though, I rented it a couple of times back in the day.

I'd also have to get S. Invaders once I eventually get an Atari 5200...not too sure about Galaxian and Gorf for the same system though, I heard those aren't very good.  Maybe Gorf for the Colecovision once I eventually get one of those too.

And for eventually arcade games, I wouldn't mind having the very rare Space Fever, a blatant S. Invaders rip-off from Nintendo (actually I did a review of it here a while back).  It has three games though, the regular invaders game (game C) has the invaders split into two if you don't hit them right up the middle, and if you shoot the u. f. o., it changes into a tiny, faster ship that's worth a whopping 500 points if you can nail it (these features are in all of these games actually).  Game A is the same, although the invaders will drop down several rows at a time, then back up one...kind of weird.  B is my favorite, starting with only one vertical row of invaders, then more invaders will appear once they reach the edge of the screen.

I'd like to have Challenger too (also did a review), kind of a cross between S. Invaders and Asteroids, since you shoot outlined circles that split into smaller ones.  You dock with a blue ship for points (kind of like an AT-AT from The Empire Strikes Back), can warp to the top of the playfield, and have one Super Bomb (that blows up everything) per ship.

Next runner up is Pac-Man-type games, having Pac-Man and Lock 'n Chase for the 2600, Ms. Pac-Man for my Genny, and the four Pac-Man games on my Jakks unit...seven there, vs. the 13 Invader-type games.

Yours?

---------------------------------------------
"He spends five hours a day playing violent video games; what's the point if they don't have any affect on him?" - Hank, King of the Hill

Darryl B.
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:12:42 PM ,
Score 0 

Oh, and also additional Pac-Man type games I want: Jawbreaker and Jr. Pac-Man for the 2600, possibly a Jr. Pac-Man arcade game eventually.  And of course Pac-Man for an eventual 5200.  And there's the Pac-Man Collection homebrew for the Colecovision.

Also more Breakout-type games, since I've got Circus Atari (which I consider to be Breakout-ish) and Super Breakout for my 2600, and Breakout on my Vectrex.  Wouldn't mind having the S. Breakout arcade game eventually but those are really rare.

"He spends five hours a day playing violent video games; what's the point if they don't have any affect on him?" - Hank, King of the Hill

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 10/26/2009 11:45:05 PM ,
Score: 0 

I've been saying "eventual 5200" for a very long time, heh.

I'll have to think about this one, though.  I have a lot of Ninja games, a lot of fighting games, and a lot of Tetris games.

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: