Forum Home Page
Back - Subjects

Back - Game Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
Killerb86
Posted 5/26/2009 1:08:27 AM , EVONY - FREE FOREVER
Score: 0 

well, i clicked on the site from this website and.......... the game feels like warcraft     before   world of warcraft.    they give you a "grace" period where you get familiar with the game.   day 1 for me.   i'll post as i go along.
---------------------------------------------

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 5/26/2009 7:12:56 AM ,
Score 0 

OOOOOHHHH.  Evony.  I thought you were saying Eve Online, like a "shortened" version of the name.

OK - so, tell me how it ends up going.

Killerb86
Posted 5/26/2009 9:49:16 PM ,

WOW!!!!!!   this game is just like Warcraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   it plays the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    build your town and millitary.  infact, this is what came to my mind when they said World of Warcraft came out.  It plays the same as Warcraft and Warcraft 2.  Only it is in world "online world" map.  Little towns are popping up all around me.  There are even NPC towns you can attack.  You can also make alliances with other players (towns).  Day 2 has me figureing out the details.  i'll post as  i go along.

Killerb86
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:49:27 PM ,
Score 0 

i'm slightly off on the warcraft comparison.  i don't have any units to move around.  the game kind of reminds me of nobunga's ambition for super nintendo (i think it was snes - it's been so long).  it seems i'm not doing as good as i think i'm doing though, i've found out how to move the "world map"   other people grow their cities like mad quick!!!!   i am talking to  a dude that up and built a second city near me just to "help me out".  hopefully not take me out!  i am finally building some defensive units.  they should be ready to go tomarrow.    i'll post in more detail of the game later on as i get more familer with it!

Killerb86
Posted 6/10/2009 11:43:11 PM , addicted!!!!!!

o.k.   i hate to say it but, i'm addicted!!!!  even though this game is an elaborite game of rock - paper - sicissors!  i've finally got the hang of things and will give a detailed post of the "jist" of the game at a later time when it's not so late and i'm thinking about is at an earlier time  here are some quick things i like about the game. 

1) you play with real people as well as computer generated cities.  (the computer gens are all defensive so far)

2)  only about 1, mabey 2 out of 10 people are no longer playing after 2 weeks.  you can quickly move up the ranks.  i went from starting out at 30000+ to just over 4000 in just 3 weeks-ish

3)  old (inactive) accounts are cleared often.  frees up map space

4) game keeps on playing, even if your offline.  24-7 baby!

5) free stuff!!!  thats right.  you can pay to get "stuff" but if you play, the give you one free random thing for free everyday

that is my top five pros for evony tonight.  the next post will be the top five cons.  

Killerb86
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:38:56 PM , top 5 things i hate
Score 0 

here it is, the top five things  i hate about this game!

1) it takes foooorrrrreeeeeeevvvvveeeeeeerrrrrr to do anything advanced.  stuff is built in real time.  my level 7 walls took over 16 HOURS to build!  click and come back the next day! what's worse is that the massive amounts of resources you need to build advanced things also take sssssssssssooooooooooooo   long to build up. 

2) chatting is not free!, well sort of.  to chat, you need "speakers". 1 speaker = 10 chats (sentences).  you get some to start and you can also buy them.  if your lucky, you can win them.  you do however have unlimited in game mailing to other players though.

3) the spamming.  people promote their alliances alot in the chat bar.  it is annoying!

4) the fact you cannot adjust the map contrast ratio.  you world map screen is tiny and you have to drag and click to move it.  takes forever to see your enemies a couple miles away.

5) the battle system.  if you attack or someone attacks you, all you get to see is the results.  no elaborate battle scenes.  no basic battle scenes only the results.  and like i said, it is just really rock - paper - scissors.  you just have to have rock when he comes at you with scissors.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 6/13/2009 8:15:14 PM ,

I don't like that chatting isn't free.  Seems like an odd way to build an MMO.

Killerb86
Posted: 6/15/2009 10:53:15 PM ,
Score 0 

totally sucks because poeple are soooooooo  dumb when they chat on there.  i guess they do it to limit all of the "join my alliance" spam.   there still is a TON of it. 

had a bright idea though,  i decided to start another account to ally with my first account.   i found out however, each server has the same map, but totally different players on it.  found it because my first account is on server 9 and my second account is on server 8.  both are in the same "state". but the other city i have is not there!!!  i had to abandon and start another on server 9.   now i have located both of my cities.  i just have to build the second one up.   sucks that they are 190 miles apart!!!  

hopefully someone from stage select will start playing this game!!!!

remember    server 9    "state"  -  north march

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 7/15/2009 8:22:21 AM ,

The Evony ads have completely devolved into breast shots, and because of our audience, I had to temporarily halt their display. 

I may allow the ads back on the site, if they start producing normal ads again.

Anonymous
Posted: 4/17/2011 5:15:11 PM , deedee78
Score 0 

why do people chat and sometimes say shut up or something like that i don't know why but i wouldn't ever say that no way. anyway people like to tease each other when they do it on pupose. sometimes they do it by accident but act like they did it on pupose. usualy they hate evony ut play it anyway. which means bulling online. i wish there paents would punish them for it.
Anonymous Users get no respect - Join Stage Select Today!

Anonymous
Posted 4/17/2011 5:21:54 PM , deedee78

hate bullies they be mean to you but just ignore them i'll take care of those bullies so at least you will be safe.
Anonymous Users get no respect - Join Stage Select Today!

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: