Forum Home Page
Back - Subjects

Back - News Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
Killerb86
Posted 5/17/2009 12:01:23 AM , upcoming pc games
Score: 0 

as an avid pc'er, my personal game selection blows right now.  what are some of the up-coming games i can look forward to? i do like first person shooters but, i am not a professional when it comes to them.  my kill to be killed ratio usually goes 1 to 10.  i haven't experienced any mmo's because, well, i'm dutch and hate the monthly charge.  besides, a) i can't dedicate umpteen hours to justify it.   b) what if i don't like it.  i just wasted the up-front game cost plus the month cost.    c)  the people in the games.    most people are dicks!!!!!!   you're either a noob or a steping stone - someone to take advantage of! the last game i liked was battlefield 2.  until  i got to 8000 points and learned that i had to get to 20000 to level up next.  the worst part was, I WAS PLAYING WITH POEPLE WHO HAD AT-LEAST 60000 POINTS OR MORE.  that would take me like two years to get there.  before that was diablo 2.   which i am waiting for d3!!!!!!!!!   that game was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  one charge, i could play with my friends.   we were all on the same team.  when no  one was on i could still play with the public.  i could pick and choose my game.    i am lost right now.  please give me some hope and insight in what the future holds for me.    Thanks
---------------------------------------------

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 5/18/2009 6:02:53 PM ,
Score 0 

Man, at E3 there will be a TON of announcements.  Right now, I know that Street Fighter IV is coming for the PC, which should be pretty cool.

There was a sale this past weekend for Call of Duty World At War for $25.  That's why I like Steam, there's always killer sales.

Have you seen Battlefield Heroes?  It's coming out soon, and they have a beta live now.  It's a free to play Battlefield game with cartoony graphics.  I've been playing it, and for free, you pretty much can't beat it.

Unreal Tournament 3 for $10 is a great deal.  Bioshock is pretty cheap now, too.  That's an awesome game. 

Did you know FEAR 2 is out?  I'm curious about that one, there's a demo out now...

And finally, I'd have to mention Left 4 Dead.

If you like shooting stuff, you should check out the contest, btw.  Free zombie killing action.

Killerb86
Posted 5/18/2009 10:19:24 PM ,
Score: 0 

i do like shooting stuff.  i really love the x.p. you have!!!!!! the problem with fps is that i get killed 10 times to my one kill.  gets real old real quick.  i need a reason to play them (like with my friends all in the same game) or some points system that i can obtain cool stuff by playing.   what's was great about diablo 2 was i could customize my guy and his armament.  i guess i really want d3 to come out NOW!  

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 5/19/2009 7:29:21 AM ,
Score 0 

Yeah, that's why I was saying one of the Call of Duty games would be good - there's an experience system, so at first you get completely OWNED, then as time goes on you unlock cool weapons and can kick ass.  Each game is probably  about 1/3 - 1/2 the length of a Battlefield game, BUT the structure in the "Warfare" game type is almost identical.  Plus, CoD World At War has a zombie mode, so I dig that for sure.

I also really have been digging Rainbow Six Vegas lately.  Good graphics, cool game, and it's cheap as hell. 

Diablo 3 - I can't wait either, it's going to be awesome.  I think that StarCraft II is coming out first though.  I think I might end up trying to play both, but I'm not really that good with RTS games.

There's supposed to be a really good "dungeon crawler" that just came out.  Dungeon crawlers are like Diablo, I gotta remember the name of the game.  It's not a genre I usually pay attention to.

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: