Back - Subjects

Back - General Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 11/5/2007 8:03:21 AM , I'm moving to Chicago
Score: 0 

Well, it's been a while since I really got involved in the site.   There's a reason for that - I've been pretty busy for a while.  I'm going to be moving to Chicago, and working downtown in the loop.  It's a crazy change of pace for me, I can't wait.  The next two weeks are just going to CRAWL by. 

So, yes - it's likely that the site will suffer a bit longer.  However, I think I'll have more time when I finally get settled down there.

There's a fairly robust gaming community in Chicago, and a TON of other stuff to do.  I'm hoping that I'll meet people quickly...

---------------------------------------------

basscomm
Posted: 11/5/2007 11:45:40 PM ,
Score 0 

Hooray! Congrats on finding gainful employment!

http://crummysocks.com

pixelSHREDDER
Posted 11/7/2007 6:49:28 PM ,

Wow that's crazy- I've seen some great stuff go on in Chicago, should be a blast to live right there. Let us know whenever you're settled and ready to get back in the SS saddle

EA Games: Conquer Everything

"You hit him so hard he's got an afro now!"
-Hank, The Venture Bros.

Ditto
Posted: 11/16/2007 6:21:36 PM ,
Score 0 

I went to a conference in Chicago a few months ago.  Great city.  I loved the atmosphere.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 11/19/2007 6:20:50 PM ,

Well, I'm moved in (kind of), I have one of my computers running, but I have no Internet. I should be back on line by Friday... FRIDAY IS SO FAR AWAY!

Anyway, I'm commuting via train now, so I think that I'll be able to write stuff on the train, on my trips to and from work (about 30-40 minutes each way). I'll probably give it a try tomorrow. Unfortunately, the train lets me out several blocks away from the office, so I have to walk 20 minutes or so, carrying a laptop the whole way. I don't know if I'll like doing that.

I don't have Internet access via my cell phone, so I can't tether while on the train. It's $60 EXTRA a month to do that, and it just kind of seems like a bit much.

Maybe I should spring for an ultralight laptop or something.

Did you guys happen to notice that just a couple of days after I announced my move to Chicago, they closed the EA branch here?  Bummer, really - I was hoping that I could do interviews...  or something.  Midway is here, though - I should get in contact with them.

basscomm
Posted: 11/19/2007 11:43:09 PM ,
Score 0 

Hey, glad to hear that you're finally getting settled. I just moved (across town) and that week without Internet access just about did me in. Thankfully there were some unsecured wireless routers in my neighborhood so I could get my fix...

Sucks about EA Chicago getting closed, but also you still have Volition in Champaign-Urbana (not exactly walking distance, but in the area), and Jaleco in Wheeling (although their site's pretty empty, so who knows about them).

http://crummysocks.com

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: