Forum Home Page
Back - Subjects

Back - Game Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
Toriko
Posted 10/1/2007 11:21:58 PM , Vanguard - Saga of Heroes
Score: 0 

Anyone play Vanguard?  I really enjoy this game, much more than any of the other mmorpgs I've ever played.  
---------------------------------------------

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 10/3/2007 6:34:28 AM ,
Score 0 

Really?  I've kind of avoided it because of the reviews...

Toriko
Posted 10/3/2007 6:21:51 PM , ya rly

I haven't read any reviews of it, so I don't know what they say that would drive you away from it.  When it first came out it was clear that the game wasn't finished.  Having worked for Sony before I was expecting this  - they have a tendancy to force a launch on unfinished products =P  There was a time when the game was so filled with crash to desktop locks that my husband and I almost gave it up.  Most (not all) of those issues have been fixed and the game is just awesome now.  The graphics are really nice =)

I guess it depends on the kind of MMO experience you are going for.  You will not be able to solo your uber twinked toon through the game, it just can't be done.  People have complained about a lack of content, but I think these people aren't trying.  I like a bit of story to my quests, and most of the major questlines have a little bit more to them than "Kill the big bad boss at the end".  There are three continents, I've lvled my toon up to 40 (max 50) and have rarely left my home continent and it looks like I still have enough content to get me through 50.  Once we are up to 50 apparently the content drops off, but thats ok because both my husband and I are going in lvling up a few different classes because they all seem so interesting to play.  The crafting is fun and player crafted items are in demand.  Diplomacy is a cute little card game, but they need to add more content here because it gets boring to grind it up.

You can buy it pretty cheap right now so if you give it a go let me know

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 10/4/2007 12:13:06 PM ,
Score 0 

Yeah, Games For Windows gave it a 3/10, and just slammed it in the review - that's what I was referring to.

I'll see what the price is locally...

basscomm
Posted 10/4/2007 10:59:49 PM ,

The reviews I read said it was petty mediocre, and I'm pretty MMO'd out from playing Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft, so I haven't given it a second look since it's release.

I may need to rectify that, sounds like.

http://crummysocks.com

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: