Back - Subjects

Back - News Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 3/12/2007 11:35:42 AM , I've been invited to the "mini-E3"
Score: 0 

So, I've been invited to the mini-E3, which means that I'll have access to a teeny little show that may, in fact, reveal some interesting things.  Better though, is the fact that since its by invite only, I'll likely have a chance to do quite a bit of networking (which you can bet I'll be taking advantage of).

The larger question, of course, is how I'm going to afford to go to this, because it's in California, and I don't actually run a news outlet that produces...  well, money.  It stays afloat, but this is no gravy train. 

I'll make do, I guess.  I'd really be sad to miss something like this.

---------------------------------------------

Skelix
Posted: 6/11/2007 7:57:04 PM ,
Score 0 

When does this go down?

basscomm
Posted 6/11/2007 11:47:19 PM ,

July 11-13, I believe.
http://crummysocks.com

Skelix
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:20:13 AM ,
Score 0 

Ah, man I really would have liked to have gone to an old school E3. Back in the days of scantly clad booth girls etc. It's sad when the video games are getting more T&A yet they toned down E3.

Oh well, I could drop a little contribution. Take me there with you in spirit.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 6/12/2007 9:24:50 AM ,

Heh, yeah, I've got about 4 or 5 appointments confirmed at this point, but oddly enough Nintendo and Sony haven't confirmed yet. 

Microsoft, despite any articles that I write, is always quite prompt in ensuring that I get my invites, etc. 

Skelix
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:16:11 PM ,
Score 0 

I'm really not impressed with Sony at all, and Nintendo, I've given up on the Wii. It's unfortunate wanted to give it a shot.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 6/12/2007 5:36:06 PM ,

Funny enough, got my Sony invite today (found out after Internet was restored).

I wish I could afford a PS3....

Skelix
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:29:07 PM ,
Score 0 

I plan on getting into it soon, just the 360 has consumed all of my time. I do have that "sick" game where you kill baddies in a cathedral, but I haven't played much of it.

Graphics are nice but Resistance is too clean, its like a really clean "destroyed" city. I like the gutted, trashy look of GoW better. But personally I'm more into the Resistance type shooter than the duck and find cover of the GoW. Gawd I suck at GoW online.

Also only bought one Blueray so far, got my the 2nd Underworld movie, it looks really nice on the HD TV, problem is I was a goon and got a DLP then come to find out I really see the rainbow effect like a madman.

There were a couple of PS3 games I was looking to at least rent, there's an RPG I've read stunk as its a "button masher", then there's the plane one which I've read is pretty but is boring, then there's the car off road smash them up one that supposedly rocks.

I'm not too keen with the lower (I think it's the R2/L2s)  buttons on the controllers, the "trigger" buttons, I seem to be accidentally clicking them, or there sticking or something.

Dunno just more interested in the 360 right now.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 7/3/2007 8:38:32 AM ,

Got my Microsoft press pass yesterday for their press confrence, which made me happy.

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: