Forum Home Page
Back - Subjects

Back - News Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 3/7/2007 3:24:44 PM , Sony's Presentation at GDC - Crazy new Online Interactions
Score: 0 

home
home
home

This is Sony Home.  It's really neat, based on the videos, etc that I saw. 

---------------------------------------------

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 3/7/2007 3:28:27 PM ,
Score 0 

The "killer platformer" - this is a screenshot of LittleBigPlanet - it's a community driven(!!) platformer. You can make levels and share them. The videos look pretty kick ass.

LittleBigPlanet

pixelSHREDDER
Posted 3/10/2007 3:01:35 PM ,

I have to admit, this is the type of thing I'd buyn a system for- it's almost as crazy ambitious as the type of thing I would've dreamed up.
EA Games: Conquer Everything

"You hit him so hard he's got an afro now!"
-Hank, The Venture Bros.

chadtower
Posted: 3/12/2007 9:21:51 AM ,
Score 0 

So far all reviews I've read say it's flashy but lacks much substance so far.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 3/12/2007 9:41:16 AM ,

Quote - chadtower posted:

So far all reviews I've read say it's flashy but lacks much substance so far.

I'll reserve judgement on its simplicity until the thing is AT LEAST in beta. I mean really, how much substance could there be in a showroom demo?

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 3/12/2007 11:47:01 AM ,
Score 0 

Really interesting info revealed from a FAQ:

Engadget Scoop - Developer FAQ gives a more detailed look at Home

So, here are the highlights:
  • It's going to be freaking ad-infested.
  • Developer spaces are going to be instanced, probably meaning that there are practical limits to how many people can be in a developer space at a time, which to take it FURTHER, means that in some public spaces, if you're on a different server than your friends, you won't be able to see or interact with them.
  • Multiplayer game launching / party system, etc will NOT be available at launch.
  • It'll be on cellphones and PSP!
  • "closed 15,000-user beta will run from April to August, followed by an open beta for 50,000 people until October, with the service going live sometime before Halloween"
  • No persistence.  So, turn off your PS3, and your house disappears from the world.  It comes back when you turn your machine back on.

chadtower
Posted 3/12/2007 1:31:53 PM ,

Quote - larsoncc posted:

I'll reserve judgement on its simplicity until the thing is AT LEAST in beta. I mean really, how much substance could there be in a showroom demo?

The reviews implied that they had some info on planned functionality.  Not sure where they got it, but they made it look like they were extrapolating the announced features and comparing with what they could see of the graphic quality.  Who knows if they were full of crap or not.

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: