Back - News Discussion

Comments
Sort By:  
larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 2/12/2007 7:55:35 AM , Cool Utilities for Stage Select Members
Score: 0 

Just as a reminder:

Want to see all of the avatars for Stage Select?
Look at this page to see all of the avatars in the system.
(PLEASE NOTE - THIS PAGE IS BIG, and may take you a while to load, especially if you're on a 56K modem / dial up connection.)

Want to game with other Stage Select members? Check out this page:
What games do Stage Select memebers own, on which systems...? Find a user's GamerTag (or friends code) here!

You may or may not have access to these - If you were a Gold Member in our old forum system, you may be able to use these tools:
Update Entire System
- use this tool to update publisher, etc on every game in a particular system. It presents a grid that you enter information into. All of those get treated as regular submissions, which admins then approve.

Add Comments / Versions / History to Every Game Quickly
- If you want to add comments to games in a system (i.e. This game is known as X in Japan), use this tool. Each comment gets treated as a seperate submission and are approved by the admins.

Other neat things for Stage Selecters:

Stage Select MySpace Page
Stage Select Frappr Page
Stage Select You Tube Profile
---------------------------------------------

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 2/12/2007 5:06:18 PM ,
Score 0 

I also just added a Technorati Profile:

larsoncc's profile.

If you have a Technorati profile, I'd appreciate you adding Stage Select to your favorite blogs list.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 2/13/2007 11:33:16 AM ,

I've added "Digg This" functionality to all news stories.  I'll also be adding it to the stories on the main page. 

I should have done this a long time ago, but you know... 

basscomm
Posted: 2/13/2007 8:00:17 PM ,
Score 0 

Done!
Quote - larsoncc posted:
I also just added a Technorati Profile:

larsoncc's profile.

If you have a Technorati profile, I'd appreciate you adding Stage Select to your favorite blogs list.

http://crummysocks.com

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted 2/22/2007 8:50:44 AM ,

I seem to be having some trouble with Digg.com - it's not letting me submit stories to that site.  I don't know what gives.  If I don't get resolution soon, I'll just remove the Digg button.

basscomm
Posted: 2/22/2007 9:58:02 PM ,
Score 0 

I tried submitting a story without using the button, and got the error that the address doesn't appear to be working. Then I tried submitting just http://www.stageselect.com/ and still got the same error. I took off the 'www' and was successful.

Digg doesn't seem to like the 'www' in your URLs for some reason.
http://crummysocks.com

Darryl B.
Posted 2/22/2007 10:52:50 PM ,

Pictures are also hosed left and right; two out of three review pics aren't appearing on the front page, nor are they when you click on a game system page. (I'd report this on the errors thread, but none of mine get corrected there.)
"He spends five hours a day playing violent video games; what's the point if they don't have any affect on him?" - Hank, King of the Hill

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 2/23/2007 8:04:42 AM ,
Score 0 

Could you take a screenshot of this or something?  Everything looks fine to me.
Quote - Darryl B. posted:
Pictures are also hosed left and right; two out of three review pics aren't appearing on the front page, nor are they when you click on a game system page. (I'd report this on the errors thread, but none of mine get corrected there.)

Darryl B.
Posted 3/3/2007 2:57:40 PM ,

Yeah, here it is:

EDIT: I've removed this, since it isn't really needed.

Even though that was taken several days ago (meant to get it up earlier), it's still like that today. Never mind about saying the pictures weren't coming up under individual game pages though, that's working now.

Hmmmm, image doesn't seem to be working, just copy and paste, I guess.
"He spends five hours a day playing violent video games; what's the point if they don't have any affect on him?" - Hank, King of the Hill

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 3/4/2007 1:57:08 AM ,
Score 0 

OK, a couple of questions: 
1.  Do you use Firefox?  If so, do you use "AdBlock" or "AdBlock Plus"?
2.  If not Firefox, which browser do you use?  Do you have any toolbars or other extensions installed?
3.  Which operating system are you using?

I see what's going on here - your browser, whichever one it is, is blocking pictures that are coming out of the "picviewnew.asp" script that is serving the pictures.  You'll notice that you're getting the flat files just fine.

The good news is, this looks like it's just your browser, and that the site isn't messed up. 

The bad news is, if you have a similar configuration to other people, god knows how long the display has been borked.

Finally - a question to everyone...  Anyone else have this happen to them?

Darryl B.
Posted 3/17/2007 3:29:40 PM ,

Unless you did some coding that fixed this, it seems to be working now, or for the last two days, at least (which is a record since this started :P ). But we'll have to see...

Quote - larsoncc posted:OK, a couple of questions: 
1.  Do you use Firefox?  2.  If not Firefox, which browser do you use?

No. It was doing this on Opera and Internet Explorer.

Quote - larsoncc posted:
3.  Which operating system are you using?

Windows XP.
Quote - larsoncc posted:I see what's going on here - your browser, whichever one it is, is blocking pictures that are coming out of the "picviewnew.asp" script that is serving the pictures.  You'll notice that you're getting the flat files just fine.

The good news is, this looks like it's just your browser, and that the site isn't messed up.

Think what the deal is that I was having computer problems, which my mom took her computer (what I use for the online stuff) to some bonehead who screwed things up, wiping out a bunch of files that were needed. So, some of the stuff's newly installed, some stuff was reverted back to when the computer first left the factory, other things remained unchanged, and other stuff could be somewhere in between. So it's hard to say really.

Quote - larsoncc posted:The bad news is, if you have a similar configuration to other people, god knows how long the display has been borked.

Finally - a question to everyone...  Anyone else have this happen to them?

I doubt it.

larsoncc
(Administrator)

Posted: 6/6/2007 6:09:18 PM ,
Score 0 

I updated 255 Genesis games today using these tools - I updated as many genres as I knew.

Most Genres for the Genesis are now done.

Post Your Comments!  Use the area below to insert your comments.  Stage Select Users can use the special editor to format comments just about any way that they'd like.

It appears that you are not logged in! As a reminder, Stage Select users get a sweet comment editor, they get to vote on comments, they can edit their signatures, quote other users, and a whole heck of a lot more. Join Stage Select Today!

Some technical information about comments:  This is an HTML based forum page.  BBCode will not display correctly, so don't use it.  Only certain HTML tags are allowed in this forum.  Certain "parameters" are disallowed in your HTML (example - CSS information, script elements).  HTML tags allowed - A, B, BR, EM, FONT, H3, H4, H5, H6, I, IMG, LI, OL, P, STRONG, SUB, SUP, U, UL.  Your post must be at least two words long.  New members can only use HTML after a certain amount of posts.

Title (500 characters max):

Comments: